I’m sure I’ve seen this somewhere before, and I just don’t remember where. How else would I have gotten the idea to throw some eggs on a pizza?
Nevertheless once the image popped into my head, I haven’t been able to get it out. There was nothing left for me to do other than make this for brunch! So here is MY rendition of breakfast pizza. There are a few different ways to make this so bare with me as I go through the recipe.
What you’ll need:
Pizza Dough or flatbread (store purchased or scratch)
Pizza sauce (store purchased or scratch)
Eggs – precooked
Bacon – precooked (I used Turkey bacon, but use whatever you like)
Salt & Pepper
How to make it:
Pre-heat your oven to 450.
While your oven heats, grab your bacon and start frying along with your eggs.
Then prep your pizza dough or flatbread by:
1) Spreading the Ricotta cheese all over. Spread as much as it takes to cover everything.
2) Spread your pizza sauce
3) Sprinkle your shredded mozzarella
4) Add freshly sliced tomatoes (as thick as you want)
5) Sprinkle your freshly chopped spinach leaves
6) Grab your fried bacon and then crumble (or cut) into small pieces and sprinkle on top of everything else.
7) Add your cooked eggs last.
Here’s the deal with the eggs:
Don’t ever put raw eggs on your pizza. Pre-cook them along with the bacon. Trust me.
Place your pizza in the oven for 10-15 minutes or however longs it takes to brown nicely.